What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is a broad, inclusive, universally scalable strength and conditioning program. This basically means that elite military special ops and soccer moms can follow the same program because their needs differ by degree not kind.
- CrossFit IS NOT: For people unwilling to put in some hard work to earn results.
- CrossFit IS NOT: For people who expect instant gratification and results overnight. It’s truly a lifestyle change, transforming body and mind, so if you put in the minimum time then you’ll likely get minimum results to show for it.
- CrossFit IS NOT: For close minded people unwilling to step out of their comfort zone and try something new.
- CrossFit IS NOT: For people with inflated egos who are too proud to ever get beaten because we accept some humble pie on a regular basis and know we are better for it.
What is Fitness?
CrossFit offers the world’s most useful definition of fitness: increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains. Capacity is the ability to do real work, which is measurable using the basic terms of physics (force, distance, and time). Life is unpredictable (much more so than sport) so real world fitness must be broad and not specialized, both in terms of duration and type of effort (time and modal domains).
We Train For Physical Competence In Each of These 10 Recognized Fitness Domains
- Cardiovascular & Respiratory Endurance